Skills + Qualifications
Over a decade of writing and research experience
9+ years of customer service experience
7+ years of administrative and support experience
7 years of various social media management and digital creation experience
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, ect.) Google Analytics, Adobe software (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), basic CMS website management and Email platforms (Mailchimp & Constant Contact)
Digital Media Specialist
Solid Ground (Washington), Seattle, WA
- Collaborate with various departments and teams in the development of Solid Ground social media goals and strategies, including Resource Development, Communications, and direct service members.
- Create, draft, and manage editorial calendar and content for each channel that works to support and align with goals and strategies for key agency initiatives and programs (e.g. Resource Development, etc.).
- Provide day to day management of Solid Ground’s social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and identify other social media opportunities.
- Monitor social media channels for opportunities or emerging issues to escalate internally, as appropriate.
- Stay up to date on social media and digital media trends to inform decisions around how to better support Solid Ground’s mission.
- Train, advise and support other staff who participate in Solid Ground social media.
- Produce quarterly social engagement and analytic reports.
- Coordinate all aspects of Solid Ground’s email program, including participation in the development of goals and key performance indicators.
- Copy writing and content development to promote key messages and strategies.
- Collaborate with Communications, Resource Development, and program staff to manage and improve email list development, segmentation, and targeting to better engage stakeholders.
- Track, analyze and report email campaign results.
- Stay up to date on email best practices for education, solicitation, and activation strategies and tactics as it relates to email marketing.
- Track changes to MailChimp and other email client platforms and opportunities to further Solid Ground’s mission.
- Conceptualize the creation of infographics and other design resources to support Solid Ground messaging and meet marketing and campaign goals. Work with contracted graphic designer and/or create original designs.
Community Engagement Specialist – Homeowner Communications (AmeriCorps)
Habitat for Humanity-SKC, Renton, WA
- Manage and build on a storytelling database, used for external and internal communications, in addition to grant components and educational campaigns.
- Promote Habitat Home-ownership and Neighborhood Revitalization programs by interviewing perspective partners, and collecting, organizing and sharing their stories.
- Build relationships and partner with residents, local agencies, elected officials and community stakeholders.
- Serve as the point of contact and liaison between program participants in the homeowner program and Habitat Seattle – King County.
- Generate and share stories, photos and/or videos about acts of service and affiliate programs.
Your WordsSTL, St. Louis, MO
- Create and manipulate promotional images for digital and physical distribution
- Create e-newsletters for subscriber outreach
- Teach communication skills to youth
- Assist in event operation including fundraisers and brand identification exhibits
- Seek out possible new collaborations
Digital Communications Intern
AIA Seattle, Seattle, WA
- Create weekly e-newsletters for event promotion and member outreach
- Create media releases and establish press communications
- Conduct co-sponsor outreach for large-scale events
- Work with designers to produce digital promotional materials
- Edit and proof marketing copy
- Co-manage a shared editorial calendar with a team of 4
Marketing + Events Intern
Seattle CityClub, Seattle, WA
- Occasionally assist with press, partner and sponsor communications such as:
- Conduct social media tracking of corporate sponsors on effective donor communications and engagement
- Compile outreach resources for projects such as the “2016 Washington Coalition”
- Promote CityClub events by contributing to their social media presence via blogging and social media management
- Assist with on-site event preparation as needed
Community Outreach Team Member
Missourian Newspaper, Columbia, MO
- Brainstorm, pitch and implement creative ways to present digital news and engage readers and develop coverage for local events on various platforms
- Monitor metrics for weekly newsroom reports
- Manage and follow a shared editorial calendar with a team of 3
Graduate Research Assistant
University of Missouri System’s Talent Management Team, Columbia, MO
- Research the applications of a career development model for 35,000+ employees at various stages of their careers
- Work with a team to create original content and resources for their employees across four campuses in the state of Missouri
- Research various other subjects as directed and assist in the development of training presentations, conference and debriefing materials
- Manage various CMS webpages and research resources for internal communications on the implementation of updated Title IX policies
National Research Intern
Project Vote Smart, Great Ranch, MT
- Research candidates demographics, political platforms and updates through data input and profile management
- Categorizing metadata of speeches and statements
KWQC-TV6, Davenport, IA
- Brainstorm and pitch story ideas in morning meetings
- Become familiar with video, production and editing equipment
- Shoot footage and b-roll
- Write screen prompts for anchors
- Edit footage and pull packages for segments
Masters of Journalism, 2014-2015
University of Missouri- Columbia
Bachelors of Literature, 2011-2014
Associates of Science, 2009-2011
Northwestern Missouri State University
Check out my LinkedIn if you want to know more about what I’ve done.